Mitchell Maltenfort on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:14:37 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Comcast or Verizon DSL for Linux laptop?

> Well comcast does cablemodem, not DSL.

True, I should have said 'broadband.'

> I am trying to get my friend's PC working with Verizon DSL now.. it's
> slow even in windows... I use speakeasy.net myself.  I suppose it
> depends on your budget.

Cheaper is better, of course, and I'm not a gamer.  I want broadband for
two reasons: free up my phone line and make it easy to download upgrades
of my favorite software (Abiword, Opera, etc.).

$50/month is tolerable, $40/month is better, $30 or below is merely dandy.

> welcome to the city that sleeps early ;)

Hey, so do I....

Mitch Maltenfort, premature curmudgeon.

Known oxymorons: entertainment news, youth culture, focus group.
Probationary: intellectual courage, organized religion, deferred gratification.