Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:17:33 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OpenOffice 1.0.1 update

On Thursday 18 July 2002 05:12 pm, Art Clemons wrote:
> Arthur S. Alexion:
> > Question: Can I install on top of 1.0?  Surprisingly, the
> > installatiion instructions say nothing of upgrading.
>
> There is a very limited set of fixes, although one of the fixes is
> having ghostscript detected properly, and that may improve your
> ability to print. I can't answer your question about installing over
> 1.0, I wouldn't try that, I'ld instead just delete the 1.0 version
> once I had 1.0.1 running, but I'm paranoid

I have made a few customizations that I did not want to lose.  I don't
know enough about where the customizations are stored save them before
uninstalling.

Well, when I couldn't find an answer in the readme, install guide or
web site, I decided to give it a try.  (my paranoia comes from the days
when HD space and RAM were more precious, and I hate having things
installed and possibly running that I have no intention of using)  I
ran the install script.  Chose the existing directories to install to.
It prompted me to overwrite files.  I took the time to answer each
question (rather than a "yes to all") and overwrote all files that had
a 1.0 modified date (4/29/02) and kept the old versions of any files
that had a recent modified date.  So far, this seems to have worked
fine.  All of my Autotexts, etc., even my recent MRU files list were
preserved, yet the update seems to have succeeded.

BTW, printing now working.