Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:20:28 +0200

[PLUG] Palm Pilot synching.

I had no problem synching my Palm Pilot with RedHat 6.2.  The default
install of pilot-link and j-pilot worked fine with very little tweaking
on my part. (So I never learned WHY it worked)

The computer that I am now using most of the time is RH 7.2.  I
installed the aforementioned j-pilot and pilot-link utitilities, as
well as kOrganizer kPilot and the kAddressbook.  However, I can't get
the sync to work with any of them.  The Pilot is attached to the tty0
serial port, but the programs refuse to recognize the existence of the
port, or they complain about the permissions.

I've read the documenttion for kOrganizer, kPilot, j-pilot and
pilot-link, and none seem to address my problem.  I have a feeling that
it is very basic.  Can any one help or direct me to the appropriate
docs?