Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:14:11 -0400

Re: [PLUG] rsync and ssh for Windows

> > > What version of PuTTY are you using? As I said, release 0.52 works
> > > just fine for me.
> >
> > I think it's the latest. I get crc errors.
>
> Hrm. What's the exact error message?

I don't remember, and I am not sitting in front of a windows machine right
now. Like many other pluggers, I only used windows when forced. Basically,
I want to know how to use PuTTY in order to help my fellow users who use
windows.

> You can check the PuTTY version by clicking on the "About" button in
> its main (that is, pick-your-host) window.

I'll check it out when I get a chance.

> Which SSH protocol are you using?

I tried nearly everything I could click. The server uses 2,1 protocols,
but forcing either on the client side fails.

Thanks.

Fred