John Lavin on Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:29:36 -0400

Re: [PLUG] FTP Server Configuration

Kevin Brosius said:
> Sounds like you got this working already, but the other option I've
> seen, is to go with ssh & rsync/scp.  My understanding is that you get
> the added security of ssh for the connection, plus you can limit logins
> to those you setup ssh keys for.
>
> Limiting file system access can then be done with standard userid/group
> techniques.

Pretty much.  I've got them pesky windoze users with no-frills installs
to worry about which means straight up ftp unfortunately.

I'm set with the exception of external ftp access:  still get the
following externally:

ftp> ls
500 Unknown command.

<eventually>
421 Service not available, remote server timed out. Connection closed

Still working on that one.  Think its firewall related.

Regards,
-john
--
John Lavin