Jeff Weisberg on Wed, 11 Sep 2002 00:20:14 +0200

[PLUG] Open Source Project - Volunteers Wanted

once upon a time I wrote some network/system monitoring software
in order to monitor things at OpNet and NetReach.

the code has been through several re-writes, enhancements, creature
feepings, etc. and is now a very scalable, well-featured, and production
quality monitoring system.

I've recently thrown it up on my web server[1] and called
it "open source".

the documentation of the system has primarily been by
"Oral Tradition": I taught people that worked for me how
to use it, they went on to other companies and showed their
new cow-orkers, "lather, rinse, repeat", ... what written
documentation exists is sparse, and incomplete.

the web site sucks.

there may even be an undiscovered bug in the code.

volunteers are wanted to help on the above items.

contributors will have their name prominently displayed
in the 'THANKSTO' file.

is all

	--jeff

[1]	www.tcp4me.com/code/argus/