gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 12 Oct 2002 00:30:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 04:27:13PM -0400, Jason wrote:
> 5) Size and speed of graphics has been implied. Again, accessibility is
> important. Not everyone has DSL/cable modems/satellite/etc.

More important, they should be few. Pages that lag when loading
(and some lag plenty on my DSL, btw) lag because they force the
browser to open fifty or sixty separate TCP streams (each file you
download is a separate stream, up to whatever limits on that number
are imposed either by the server or the client).

> Not everyone has a T-1 in their basement.

Yeah, we can't all be mct. ;^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net