Walt Mankowski on Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:50:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] public 802.11 access

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 04:50:59PM -0400, Jeff Weisberg wrote:
> I was just at "Old City Coffee"[1], they just installed
> an apple airport and are offering free access. Their sign
> says "For mac users", but the girl says you are welcome to
> use a pc if you can figure out how to configure it yourself.

I decided to try it out today, and I can report that it works great.
It was very easy to set up under Linux.  I just set the ESSID to "ANY"
and ran pump to get an IP address.

I'm sitting at Old City right now, sipping an iced latte and listening
to Tim Finn. :-)

Walt