Stephen Gran on Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:14:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Problems w/SMTP on Verizon DSL, none on Comcast Cable?

This one time, at band camp, Mike Leone said:
> So dump Verizon as an ISP, and get somebody like DCA.NET as an ISP. 6
> static IPs, and they don't mind you running Linux. And they don't block any
> ports.
>
> That's what I did, 2 yrs ago. Haven't ever regreted it.

I second that.  Not only that, their tech support has been awesome so
far - I had a new Speedstream in < 4 hrs, for half price, (when the first
one burned out) and they were apologetic.  Apologetic isn't something I
can imagine Verizon deigning to be.

Steve

--
Editing is a rewording activity.