John McElroy on Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:14:18 -0500

Re: [PLUG] WiFI config

I have also use the "pcmcia-cs" package successfully on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 in conjunction with an Lucent Orinoco Siver wifi card.  Lucent also had a Linux driver I downloaded but I don't remember if I used it or if I used the built in support in pcmcia-cs (I think the later).  Worked perfectly once installed and configured but it took some doing on my part.  I'll check my notes to see if I have anything further to offer.

Also, use the "iwconfig" package/utility to setup and check the configuration of the card/driver.

"wireless-tools" is also a decent text/curses based utility for setting up and configuring you wireless access point.

All should be available on freshmeat.net (or via apt in debian possibly).