gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:22:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Copy Window harddrive using a Linux boot floppy?

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:51:44PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> xcopy doesn't care about the size of the new drive, as long as it has
> sufficient space.

Perhaps this got lost in the shuffle, but the original question
really was "how do I do this from a Linux boot disk", *not* "what's
the best way to do this".

In any case, "best" is pretty relative. Even accounting for
resizing, I'd be willing to wager that a good dd implementation
(like, say, Schily's) is both more reliable and faster than xcopy.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net