martin f krafft on Thu, 06 Mar 2003 06:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] GnuPG 1.2.1 trustdb checks for every pubkey import?

also sprach gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> [2003.02.27.1847 +0100]:
> I was left with a 0-size pubring.gpg and an apparently sane
> pubring.gpg~, which I've copied back to pubring.gpg after backing it
> up.

Happens now and then. GPG is buggy.

> How screwed am I now? Is there something I should be doing to verify
> the structure of my pubring?

Keep versioned backups. I've had the problem many times and haven't
lost my key. Just keep on doing...

note: the pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc