gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:06:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Hard Drives Crashing

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:46:56PM -0500, George Gallen wrote:
> I'm assuming these are SCSI's.

I'd been assuming IDE, because I thought I'd read it. But I've also
not really been paying attention, as I said.

> or do you have a bad / missing terminator. Is your
> teminator active or passive? I have heard problems
> sometimes that have been corrected by changing your
> terminator from passive to an active terminator.

Never, ever, under any circumstances, ever use a passive SCSI
terminator. A passive terminator isn't.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net