Molnar, Bradley on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:52:48 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Samba almost working

is samba set up as a WINS server?  Domain Master?  Preferred Master?

Also what version of windows are you running?

Sometimes interactions btwn win98/95/ME with samba when samba is not the
master of the domain can be funny.  If you are running NT 4.0/2K/XP this
should not be as much of a problem.  A big thing, if samba is set up as a
WINS server, all machines should know that it is the WINS server and it
should be the only one.

One more thing, which program(s) can't see the other machines.  The big one
to check is smbclient (command line version) can see the windows machine.
Smb is funny at times and doesn't always broadcast properly, but, can browse
if you say

smbclient -L //machinename

hope it helps
-b