Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 21 Mar 2003 19:57:14 -0500

Re: [PLUG] sun null modem cable

> | I just went to the computer store on 38th and Walnut today, looking for a
> | null modem cable. They had some, but I didn't know what end I needed for
> | sun. I think that for the i386 side, I need a nine pin for the serial
> | port. Correct?
>
> I've owned x86 hardware with 9 pin and 25 pin serial ports.
>
> | How many pins on the sun side? I'm guessing 25, but I want to make sure
> | before I buy it.
>
> most sun hardware uses 25 pin connectors, but I've owned sun eqmt with
> 9 pin, 25 pin, 8 pin DIN, and 8 pin rj-45 serial port connectors.
>
> the obvious question is, can you turn your stuff around and look?

OK, they had this kind at the store. I'll get one. Thanks for the help.

Yes, I could turn the box around (I did). It does have a 25 pin port, but
there are others, too. I didn't know which one to use. Sorry for the
silliness, but I never did this before, and I didn't want to waste money
on something I didn't need.

I think that the hardware is a spacstation 4, but I'm not sure. I'm not in
front of it now.

Thanks for the help.

Fred