Martin DiViaio on Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:34:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] General purpose pkgsrc...

The only experience I've had with pkgsrc is from the FreeBSD ports
collection. It worked fairly well for standard installs. I had a major
problem installing Apache from the ports collection and eventually had to
download the sources and install it by hand. That's probably a reflection
on the ports collection and not pkgsrc since ports insisted on
recompiling Apache for certain modules without support for other modules
that required an apache recompile.

--
GPG Fingerprint: C900 18EF 0C36 4EAF A93C  F073 85D4 8B3C F3D8 077B