Michael Lazin on Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:20:14 -0400

[PLUG] free workstations for a good home

I have two workstations with bad hard drives. I have no use in salvaging them. If someone wants to come to delaware county to pick them up they are free.

One is a super workstation LS. It is a clone of a sparcstation LX. It has a 50mhz processor and 64 megs of ram. It has a 4 gig hard drive that does not appear to be working right. I tried installing debian sucessfully, but silo would not install. I tried installing solaris 8 and the installer could not format the hard drive at all.

The other machine is an HP-9000 425t. It has two 400 meg hard drives, one of which appears to be bad. It also has a tape drive, 19" monitor, 2 gig external hard drive, keyboard, mouse and cables. Someone from plug gave this to me and I have no desire to salvage it. I don't know the processor speed but I believe it has 16 megs of Ram.

If someone wants one or both of these machines, please email me at my other email address, micro.laser@rcn.com. I block messages from people who are not in my address book in my hotmail account.

Thanks,

Michael