Michael Bevilacqua on Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:32:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: gentoo on PPC

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 04:24:06PM +0000, Michael Lazin wrote:
> Gentoo is proving to be very difficult to install and configure.

Gentoo is relatively new on PPC, at least the Live Boot disc is. I,
also, have only ever had experience w/ Gentoo on x86, so there is little
i can tell you otherwise. First question is, does the boot kernel have
support for your Keyboard/Mouse? Is it a standard Mac keyboard/mouse set
or is it USB? If its USB, you'll have to make sure that kernel has all
the HID drivers included. Again, I don't ever know if these drivers
exist so I'll try not to speculate. Give us more info if you can.

--
Regards,

Michael Bevilacqua

   ~