Mike Leone on Mon, 7 Jul 2003 01:51:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] July keysigning now has 3 new keys

gabriel rosenkoetter (gr@eclipsed.net) had this to say on 07/02/03 at 23:34:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 05:01:43PM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> >     1) The system depends on my sending those signatures to a central
> >        PLUG member (Mike?)? But that's useless, as no one can benefit
> >        if only Mike knows.
>
> But Mike (theoretically) updates phillylinux.gpg, the file on the
> key server, which is what Chris generated his image based upon.

Mike does indeed, theoretically :-), update the keyring from a central
keyserver periodically. Periodically meaning (hopefully) once a month or so,
but last done the afternoon of the July meeting.

> So that means that whoever signed your key didn't send their
> signatures of your key to Mike. Which shouldn't matter as long as
> *you've* sent your updated key to the keyserver, because the
> signatures will get there that way, because Mike updated
> phillylinux.gpg from a keyserver earlier today... one of the broken
> ones, as I mentioned then, but still.

I later re-updated from the subkeys.pgp.net server, as you recommended.

I haven't had a chance to do so yet, but I am planning on importing the keys
sent back to me after the July keysigning.