Craig Brennan on Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:54:07 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Community Service Project (Devil's advocate)

Definitely.  Esp. with Linux.  I support using this as opposed to Windows,
but lets be real... the learning curve is somewhat higher on Linux than
Windows.  With greater functionality comes the chore of learning how to
use it.  I would be up for donating time for some basic instruction
(that's about all I'm qualified for) on how to use these machines as well
as installing.

Let's also keep our feet on the ground with the "These kids are the future
of the open source/free exchange of ideas movement" thing.  In Chester, if
it is still like I remember it, some of these kids have bigger fish to fry
than worrying about the EFF and MS's next lawsuit.  Having 3 meals a day
and not getting the crap beat out of them in or out of school is usually
higher on the priority list.  Computers will help them with school and
maybe some educational games so they can get through school and get jobs
so that they can eat 3 meals a day.