Jeff Abrahamson on Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:52:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: urgent: need a solaris sysadmin for a couple days

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:09:21PM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
>   [24 lines, 119 words, 793 characters]  Top characters: eonits\nf
>
> A friend of a friend said this today:
>
>     I'm looking to hire someone to come in and
>     rebuild our integration environment; something
>     like a a few days/nights, starting yesterday.
>
>     - install, stabalize linux/apache/tomcat server.
>     - rebuild, configure Solaris/Oracle server.
>     - rearchitect VPN (so [someone] can work from
>       Oregon... Cisco/PIX).
>
>     If your interested, let me know. I can pay
>     handsomely for emergency help...
>
> Please reply to me off list. Include a brief assessment of your
> competence in each of these areas. This isn't a job where you can
> learn on the job, the guy needs someone who is already familiar with
> this stuff.

I just heard back from him:

    Thanks. I actually got an overwhelming response, including
    two offers for volunteer work (in return for job references).
    Nasty economy out there, good time to be in graduate school!

Sorry to those who responded and were hoping something would come of
it.

--
 Jeff