Alex Birch on 14 Jan 2004 01:16:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT Perl IDE/Debugger

Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 05:37:03PM -0500, Alex Birch wrote:

 [6 lines, 38 words, 440 characters]  Top characters:_ linetao

Is there a nice debugger for Perl? Something that would let a person look at the different variable values while a program is running?

perl -d

See "perldoc perlrun" for how to know this and "perldoc perldebug" for
more useful info.

If you are an emacs user (and why wouldn't you be?), note that the
perl debugger is understood by emacs' Grand Unified Debugger (M-x perldb).

I'm a vim man... when I started using Linux, I wandered down the emacs route. Then I saw the light! Vim is very nice for what I need to do, it's just a coworker was wondering about perl debuggers/ides.

Cheers,
Alex