Stephen Gran on 21 Jan 2004 03:09:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] New thinkpad with sarge

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:00:17PM -0500, John Lavin said:
> I've got the base system set up and trying to get kde running from sarge
> - no such luck.  Are the packages for kde broken in sarge or something?

Yes - extremely.  Try getting them from sid - the packages themselves
are fine, it's the enormous dependency tree keeping them from moving
into sarge en masse, effectively keeping sarge's kde broken as well.

> I've noticed one thing that is going to make me absolutely freakin
> scream:  the escape key is banished way up out of reach.  I keep hitting
> F1.  Arrrgh!!!

You can remap keys in XF86Config, IIRC.  It's something I've been
meaning to do one of these days - I've got a Thinkpad R32.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Good day to avoid cops.  Crawl to       |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | school.                                 |