gabriel rosenkoetter on 14 Feb 2004 22:57:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Interview Questions: System Admin

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 05:42:37PM -0500, Barry Roomberg wrote:
> Gabe put in some serious hours, getting bits and pieces back.  I believe
> part of that effort was some bit-twiddling at the superblock.

That reminds me that I really need to clean my notes of that process
up and post them somewhere. If for no one else, at least for the
Veritas tech who said, "You did what? Could I have a description
of how you did that, please?"

William, Barry's right. In an ideal world we'd never touch the
superblock again, and would have backups. But in an ideal world we
wouldn't need sysadmins anyway, because the computers would just
flipping work.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net