eric@lucii.org on 17 Mar 2004 02:21:05 -0000

Re: [SPAM 05.74] Re: [PLUG] [OT] Postage on EMail?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 07:45:26PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> Michael D. Bevilacqua wrote:
>
> >Oh come on Gates...
> >
> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/03/05/spam.charge.ap/index.html
> >

> I don't know if this true, but I just received this from my father.
> Actually, I haven't even read it yet.
>
> Subject: Federal Bill 602P-Mail Charge
>
> Guess the warnings were true.  Federal Bill 602P charges 5-cents per
> E-mail sent.  It figures!  No more free E-mail!  Bill 602P will permit
> the Federal Government to charge a  5-cent charge on every delivered
> E-mail.

This story has been around more than the proverbial "bad penny".

I started to tear this apart on logical terms alone but this:
http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/emailtax.html
actually covers all the points I wanted to make very nicely.

I check ALL such stories with snopes.com or urbanlegends.com before
repeating them :-)

Eric

--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth