Kam Salisbury on 29 Apr 2004 09:20:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Caching DNS Server

[Kam Salisbury]

For debian you should consider dnsmasq. I have been using it for over a year
and it is much easier to setup and use than bind. Dnsmasq doesn't have the
major flexibility of bind but for simple caching dns it works fast and
reliably. It will even reference you dhcpd.leases file as well as your hosts
file to provide resolution for them too.