Magnus Hedemark on 29 Apr 2004 16:22:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Hi

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, John Lavin wrote:

> This brings me this same problem I have on one of the lists I maintain
> with mailman.  When they spoof the e-mail address, how would you block
> the IP address ranges being used by the spammers/compromised boxes?

1) Use some of the well maintained blacklists to stop the mail from ever
hitting the server.
2) Use software on the mail server to block this from ever getting to
Mailman.  This should be comprised of both antivirus software and antispam
software.

In the absence of that on the Mailman server here, you're on your own.  I
had been whitelisting PLUG traffic but I'm forced to rethink that now.