Paul on 11 Sep 2004 17:49:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] weird mozilla spam issue

Art Alexion wrote:

To train it most effectively, configure the controls to *move* mail *automatically* marked spam to the junk folder, and *delete* mail *manually* marked junk. If the filter fails to catch a piece of spam, *don't delete it*, but delete it by marking it junk. BTW, F8 toggles the message viewing pane (F9 the folder pane). I hit F8 to check senders and subjects so that I can mark my mail without having to mozilla load the messages. To insure no false positives, view the junk folder with the view pane toggled off. Once you have satisfied yourself that there are no false positives, select ¨Delete mail marked junk in folder¨ from the Tools menu.

OK, I had it set to move Junk mail automatically to the Junk folder. Also, when I manually mark a message as Junk, the message is moved to the Junk folder. (Ah, I understand why you delete the manually marked mail instead of moving it.)

It was also set to delete the Junk after 14 days. Is auto deletion bad? I mean, I don't think I've ever been away from e-mail for more than 14 days.