Geoff Rivell on 13 Sep 2004 17:06:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] iptables -A INPUT -s Howard_Bloom/0 -j DROP

On Monday 13 September 2004 12:34 pm, Michael Leone wrote:

> Not yet, anyway. I've heard lots worse anti-Linux opinions than his.
> When he becomes abusive, insulting, etc, then fine - we'll see about
> banning him. Dissing Linux is not enuf reason (IMO). I could be
> overruled by majority vote, I suppose. How many would that take - we
> have somewhere around 400 subscribers, last I heard. has that changed?

I agree for now.  I'm hoping he polices his actions better and becomes a
productive member of this user group like everyone else has been for years.
I don't remember a problem like this ever.  (I don't mean to offend you
Howard, just stating how I see it).

> Individual members can easily set their own killfilters, if they wish.

Yes, but then the replies to his messages will still get through :(

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:  Do not reply to a single message he sends (if it is
flame-bait).  I know its hard to do.  But a couple have mentioned it.  That
should calm him down if he gets no reaction.