Jeff Abrahamson on 29 Sep 2004 12:12:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mutt, Mozilla and missing files

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:05:47PM -0400, eric@lucii.org wrote:
>   [35 lines, 200 words, 1494 characters]  Top characters: et_ioasl
>
> I've been using w3m as a text based browser inside of Mutt
> (Thanks for that tip, Gabe!)  However, I like to browse further
> from the email's url and have become habituated to using a tabbed browser
> like firefox/Mozilla.  Also, w3m ties up my mutt session so I have to
> quit browsing to continue reading email.  I'd like a browser that
> would "spawn" off a new tab or window when I open an html attachment.
>
> Unfortunately for me, I cannot get either Mozilla or Firefox to work with Mutt.

A somewhat orthogonal option is to run mutt in gnome-terminal.  Then
control-clicking URL's works because gnome-terminal understands what
to do.  Mutt is none the wiser.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287

 A cool book of games, highly worth checking out:
 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931686963/purple-20