Paul on 30 Sep 2004 00:34:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Wireless cards for linux

James Kelly wrote:

It seems to me the majority of the time you just end up getting a PCI ->
PCMCIA adapter.  You can buy the adapter and a PCMCIA card in a package
together, or you can get an adapter and pick your card.  I recently got
the SMC EliteConnect jobbie, 200mW, I got it for like 40 bucks off ebay.
~ It's only 802.11b, but the signal strength rocks.

You just reminded me...check Seattle Wireless's hardware comparison pages. Google for it.