Alexander Birch on 4 Nov 2004 23:30:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] LinuxWorld is moving to Boston?

> Boston too is really just a daytrip from Philadelphia, I know very well,
> having done it numerous times.  I suspect NYC is getting too expensive
> for things or that some services and resources are available for less in
> beantown.  It does cost more to get there by train, but there are the
> buses in Chinatown for not much money to the hub.

I thought the reason for the switch was to reward MA for moving
forward with open source:
http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=18400894
http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/newss/5034/1/
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5084442.html

I wonder if linuxworld going to Boston is the reason that the curse of
the bambino was lifted.

Alex