Paul on 12 Nov 2004 15:38:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: Domain Transfers (and Hijackings) to Become Easier

Aaron Crosman wrote:

Can somone point to a good article explaining all this?  I've seen the
basic outline, but I haven't been able to find anything explaining what
"locking" actually does.  I need to write a piece for all the people in
my organization that have registered domains with suggested best
practices...and I figure I should understand what I'm recommending.

Well...one thing that might be nice to recommend is identity hiding. Instead of all of your information appearing in a WHOIS query, the information will point to a proxy service. As an example, look up kidracer.us . That's my sister's domain, but I wouldn't know it by reading the whois info, yet, I could still contact the owner through the proxy service.