Art Alexion on 21 Nov 2004 14:49:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux tools for technical writing?

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 07:38 -0500, Paul wrote:
> Art Alexion wrote:
>
> > I've been using OpenOffice 1.9.  The interface makes a lot more sense
> > than 1.1.  It is a beta of 2.0.  In my use over the last several
> > months, I have found it to be as stable as the "stable" releases, but
> > be forewarned.
> >
> Should the older 1.1.2 version of OOo be removed before installing the
> 1.9 beta release?

No need.  It will install into its own directory with no shared library
conflicts.  I removed 1.1.x, and I kinda regret it in that I can't
compare performance, etc.

File compatibility seems fine as I have 1.1.2 on another partition and
on a win32 machine.