Mike Leone on 12 Jan 2005 15:42:47 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Switching email programs

eric@lucii.org (eric@lucii.org) had this to say on 01/11/05 at 23:30:

> I still miss the GUI based list of folders and the ability to open
> multiple emails at the same time.  Also, I currently run fetchmail when
> I start mutt (and stop it when I exit mutt).  That's a real nice feature
> because I can leave the email on my firewall/server and access it via
> the web when I'm away.  Then, when I get home I start mutt/fetchmail and
> it POPs the email to the workstation.

That's why I run IMAP on my mail server; lets me read mail with mutt while
away, and with Outlook/Thunderbird/Evolution (whichever one strikes my
fancy) at home.