George Theall on 14 Jan 2005 15:05:07 -0000

Re: [PLUG] sendmail update question

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 04:40:54AM -0500, Doug Crompton wrote:

> I was trying out the latest sendmail - 8.13.3 - and I am getting userdb.db
> errors. I run the (new) makemap against the userdb. The docs elude to
> needing berkeley 4.125 or newer.

The release notes for sendmail talk about Berkeley DB 4.125 being needed
starting with sendmail 8.12.7 so if you were running a more recent
version already then you should not need to upgrade DB.

Or you could try running "db_verify -V" to see what version you have
currently.

> How does this get installed on the
> system? I don't think I currently have this on my system. What would it be
> called? Is it a library?

Sendmail only uses the libraries and header files as far as I know,
although there should also be some programs installed with it.  It was
probably installed as a package (eg, with RedHat / Fedora Core it's
named simply "db", with headers in "db-devel") with whatever
distribution you're running, although you can also compile it from
source.

George
--
theall@tifaware.com