Mike on 1 Mar 2005 00:35:21 -0000

Re: [PLUG] dyndns + speakeasy

On Monday, 28 February, 2005 12:44 PM LeRoy D. Cressy wrote:

> If I remember right the original question was considering a change
> from one dsl service to another.  When Telocity went bust and I was
> forced to switch I could not use the same phone line because of some
> Verizon problems and they were not willing to switch from one to
> another.  I don't know how the situation is today, but Verizon might
> not be willing to allow you to switch ISP's.

How can they prevent you (one) from switching ISPs? I'm with Verizon for
local service and DSL at the minute, and the Cavalier price quoted was
attractive to me too.

More generally, who actually runs the "last mile" in Philly -- the wire
to my house? I had thought it was Verizon and hence I'd have to have at
least their very basic budget phone service in order to have DSL with
anyone, but Cavalier claim to offer local phone service too, so how does
that work?

I admit I haven't called Cavlier to ask them this question...

Mike