Sandhu, Suchindra on 2 Jun 2005 20:55:26 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: 12" Powerbook screen resolution

> First thing - do you know of any other 12" notebooks that display
> greater than 1024x768?  I sure don't..

Well, I am pretty sure that the newer generation notebooks from sony,
panasonic all support higher resolutions. Even Dell 700 m's  support
1280x1024 resolution.

So, I was wondering if it was worth buying the powerbook especially
since I am mostly gonna be running linux on it.

> Part of the reason why Macs do more with less screen res is the single
> menu bar, and the lack of toolbar overload that you typically get on
> both Windows & Linux.  On Win or Linux, each application typically has
> its own title bar, menu bar, toolbars, etc.  It just doesn't work like
> that on the Mac..  Some window managers let you configure apps to run
> like that (I believe Metacity is one)

Thats a very good point. I will keep it in mind.

Thanks,

--
/s