Luke Renn on 28 Jul 2005 13:43:59 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FTTP

* Luke Renn <goseigen@comcast.net> [2005-07-28 09:33:58 -0400]:

> I just moved to Phoenixville and I got offered 4 direct tv recievers,
> 15M down, 2M up Fiber, a free 4 hour UPS for 49.99 a month.  It won't
> be installed for a few days, but I'll let you know how it works out.

I should clarify that a little.  Its 49.99/m for the fiber, but with the
fiber and all the direct tv (with hbo) it will be about 120 a month.
That's what I was paying for comcast without hd channels and only 5 or
3 M down (whatever it was).  Not to mention the painfully slow
upstream of comcast.

By the way, If you call comcast and tell them you are switching to
Direct TV/Verizon and want to cancel they will switch you to their
retention department and offer you lower rates.

--
"If there are sentient beings on other planets, then they play Go."
                  -- Emanuel Lasker, Chess Grandmaster