Christopher M. Jones on 27 Jan 2006 04:43:21 -0000

[PLUG] ubuntu package imake / md5hash error

I've been having a problem with imake on my ubuntu dapper system. For
the past month or so imake remains unconfigured. The message is:

Setting up imake (1.0.1-0ubuntu1) ...
dpkg: error processing imake (--configure):
 failed in buffer_read(fd): md5hash: Input/output error

I've googled it, and I get nothing. Moreover, after a round of this
hdparm reports all drive settings unset (dma is off, multi is off, etc.)
Anybody got a clue what's going on here?