Marc Zucchelli on 3 Mar 2006 16:21:37 -0000

Re: [PLUG] 'apt-get remove exim4-config' also uninstalled mysql!!

Looks like I have mysql 4.0.24_Debian-10sarge1-log.  I
didnt figure mysql would need any really custom
installs so I just grabbed it with apt-get and thats
what they gave me.  Is mysql 5 much better?  If I
upgraded, would mysql5 be able to handle mysql4
databases?

On another note, I cant imagine when a database server
would ever need an MTA, but oh well, problem solved.