Benjamin Krein on 24 Mar 2006 13:24:34 -0000

Re: [PLUG] .ogg to .mp3 or .aac

>>if you're interested, i also have a kde .desktop file
>>which adds a right-click menu option for converting to mp3.
>>

>Very much so, please.  I'd like to look at it to see how that is accomplished.
>I want to use it in conjunction with a utility I have that converts rtf
>documents to Palm WordSmith pdb files.

For what it's worth (maybe it was already said), going from OGG->WAV
won't degrade quality at all since WAV is a lossless format.  Going then
from WAV->MP3 will incure some degredation as the MP3 compression is
again lossy (like OGG).

Also along the lines of KDE right-click plugin things, check out the
Perl Audio Converter script which has a Konqueror plugin that will
convert a whole bunch of stuff to a whole bunch of other stuff.  I can't
say for sure if it will do exactly what you want, but it's a cool app to
check out regardless.

http://pacpl.sourceforge.net/

--
Benjamin Krein