Stephen Gran on 13 Jul 2006 13:24:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Udev=no wireless?

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:34:46AM -0400, Jeff Watson said:
> I recently upgraded udev on my system and immediately thereafter, my
> wireless card ceased to exist. I tried removing all associated modules
> (ieee802, ipw2200..etc) and modprobing them all over again, restarting
> /etc/init.d/net.eth1, it keeps telling me that the device does not exist :-/
> so i haven't been able to revert udev yet i was just wondering if anyone
> else had such a problem with udev like this before. I will try reverting
> udev, updating my firmware and recompiling the modules this evening, I don't
> really know what else to do about it.

There is a feature in newer version of udev that attempts to manage
interfaces statically (i.e., make sure they always wind up with the same
name, regardless of what order they are probed or loaded).  This may be
malfunctioning for you.  I suggest looking around in /etc/udev/rules for
something like persistent-net.  Good luck,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Hindsight is an exact science.          |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |