Stephen Gran on 15 Jul 2006 12:03:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] SMTP greeting failure

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 07:45:57AM -0400, Brian J Spooner said:
> Steve,
> I have
> smtp-server                    = <No Value Set>
> in my pine config file, which works on another server I run.  should I
> change that?
> brian

I don't use Pine, so I have no idea what the setting is.  All I can tell
you is that you're getting an SMTP error code, and since MUA's aren't
set up to handle those, you'll do better using submission via the
binary.

You may also want to look at your MTA logs to see why you're getting a
421, but that's another thread, probably.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Go on, EMOTE!  I was RAISED on thought  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | balloons!!                              |