Joshua Karstendick on 24 Oct 2006 16:16:45 -0000

Re: [PLUG] MacBook Pro - Linux compatible

It is a 64-bit machine with Core 2 Duo.

On 10/24/06, TuskenTower <tuskentower@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/24/06, Flint Heart <N-Tropy@n-tropy.com> wrote:
> enjoy :D
> You may get a pre-n wireless card... the new iMac's are shipping with a
> pre-n card and aren't being advertised as such. but if you install vista
> rc2 it will identify it properly( or look at the chipset on the wireless
> module)
> I've had my 12" powerbook for over 3 years now.  Best computer purchase
> I've ever made.  My conundrum is If i should wait for the santa rosa
> chipset in q2 07 ( flash enhanced boot for hd's and other nifty stuff)  Or
> enjoy a nice leopard friendly laptop now ( 64bit support in leopard and
> all) .
>
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 11:05:02AM -0400, Joshua Karstendick wrote:
> > You, sir, have made my day. I'm finally going to get an Apple laptop!

Just chiming in with the reminder to wait for the Core 2 Duo laptops
(I'm holding out till quad core next year).  You really don't want to
put down good money on 32bit machine.

Amul

Joshua Karstendick