Art Alexion on 15 Dec 2006 15:54:44 -0000

Re: [PLUG] interesting solution to spam overload

On Thursday 14 December 2006 21:10, Eric Lucas wrote:
>  I'll send ALL my email to my gmail
> account and POP it from there.  That way, I'll use the (apparently)
> excellent spam filtering capability of gmail

Yeah.  The Verizon filters are decent too.  I have been using an alexion.com
address since 1994, and it was posted on a web page for seven or so years.
This account gets about 200 spams a day.  I noticed that the spam filter for
my verizon.net accout is decent.  I set up another account on verizon.net and
forwarded all of my alexion.com email through there.  Spamassassin and
bogofilter catches most of what verizon.net misses, but the beauty of going
through the verizon filter first is that it releves a my local machine of a
lot of spamassassin processing, and speeds up mail downloading when I haven't
checked in a while.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @