Kevin Ruse on 9 Feb 2007 16:40:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mythtv

On 2/8/07, David Colon <dcolon@dcolon.org> wrote:
I asked for feedback on Mythtv during last night's meeting but no one
present had any experience.  I was encouraged to post to the list.

If you are not already, i would highly recommend subscribing to the mythtv-users mailing list as it extremely active and helpful in resolving issues.

I don't have an hdtv frontend i'm only running sd using an xbox
frontend. Just some thoughts.

You'll need to have your hdtv frontend hardwired rather than wireless.
I've read n may be able to do it but i don't think the verdict is out.

The hdhomerun seems to be the new favorite hd tuner.

People also seem to have decent results using the core duo mac mini as
a frontend, either booting linux or osx . From what i have read there
may be some issues depending on the resolution of your tv given the
on-board intel graphics card.

A nvidia 5200 or 6200 combined with a processor ~= 3G should be able
to handle hdtv playback with xvmc with a limited process load.