Gabriel Farrell on 22 Feb 2007 15:23:59 -0000

Re: [PLUG] BitTorrant and routers - and Comcast

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:17:45PM -0500, Doug Crompton wrote:
> 1. get a no restriction static IP connection to the internet
> 2. Aquire a domain name(s) and do your own domain name serving
> 3. Setup a mail server
> 4. Setup a web server
> 5. Setup any additional servers you want....
>
> and have an email address for life that YOU direct the course of.
>
> Doug

The only absolutely necessary step above is the first part of 2.
Everything else -- web hosts, ip addresses, etc. -- can change and you
could still keep your email address (and, possibly more importantly,
your URL).  Just keep your DNS entries up to date.

Gabe