Darren Nickerson on 25 May 2007 16:01:33 -0000

[PLUG] Search firms for linux gearheads?

Folks,

Our company has been searching for a junior linux enthusiast for about a year now, have even posted the job here on PLUG and haven't really seen much interest. Our company works with Asterisk (www.asterisk.org) and HylaFAX (www.hylafax.org) software and related hardware, and the work is really quite interesting (at least if you're a phone/fax geek like me). We're looking for someone relatively junior (fresh out of college would be great) who's interested in learning a great deal about fax and VoIP technologies. The position will be partly engineering, partly tech support. Some of the support would be after-sales support for our online store at www.telephonydepot.com, the rest would be for our fax customers.

Thus far, I've tapped out my personal network, and posted to PLUG and Craigslist without seeing much interest. I need to take this search to the next level. Can anyone recommend a good recruiting/staffing company that specializes in IT resources? I can't bring myself to drink from the firehose that a posting on monster or any of the other big job boards would bring .. I've considered the Judge Group, but figure people here might have had experiences with more industry-specific firms ....

Any advice greatly appreciated!

-Darren