Art Alexion on 4 Oct 2007 17:20:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Survey: who drives a stick shift?

On Thursday 04 October 2007 01:11:26 JP Vossen wrote:
>  drive a stick.  I hate automatics.  I convinced my wife to drive a
> stick, and she did for 10 years.  Until...  No one makes a mini-van with
> a stick...
>

> Who else?

My friend and neighbor who teaches at my son's high school drive (drove?) a
stick.  This summer she shattered her elbow which is still in a cast.  So she
can't drive her car with one arm.

My son and daughter share our automatic 1990 minivan.  So my son, who never
learned to drive a stick can drive her to work/school except when my daughter
needs the van for work.  He "may" drive the friend's car, but he "cannot".

He should learn to drive a stick, but we don't have one anymore and I don't
want him learning on her clutch.